Saturday, September 30, 2006

HOME AGAIN

There's a place in my mind that fills me with awe
as I reflect on the times of the past.
So many things change as I continue to live
and some things continue to last.
A place in my mind that is vivid and clear
is the street of my family's home place
It flood's my thoughts and fills me with joy
as a smile lifts up my face.
My Mom and Dad raised their family of seven
in a adventurous place near the bay.
There was Barney and John who were the first of the brood
and my oldest sister Jeanne.
Then Gay, Hal, and Fred and Olen the younger
made this large family complete.
To take care of us all on a meager income
was truly a marvelous feat.
You can never go home it's been said in a quote
and in a way that is quite true
but in your mind's eye you can always go back
to the place that has meaning for you.

What a wonderful time we had last weekend as five of the Martin kids gathered with others of our extended family to enjoy a family reunion. A highlight was when we drove to our property at 2536 Santa Ana Avenue, Costa Mesa, and stood out front for a family picture. We really missed having John with us so Barney got creative and was able to insert John into the picture. After accomplishing this feat he went on to insert my sister Jeanne and my folks. What a wierd sensation to picture all of together again. Even though this was done through computer "magic," I was impressed with the thought that one day we'll be together again in God's presence. The greatest desire of my heart is that each of my family have come to the place of understanding and acceptance of God's forever love through the death and resurrection of our savior Jesus Christ. Remember "man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart. "
God bless you all. Thanks for being my family.


HOME AGAIN: Sunday, September 24, 2006

5 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

I know some of your sibs know how to look but they probably don't know how to sign up as a user without thinking you have to set up a whole blog to do so. I know they will love these pictures when they see them. Barnman did a fabulous job--huh? You gotta love those Martins! Your mom and dad looking down--I wonder if they have time in Heaven to catch up on what their offspring are up to? I like to think so.

12:43 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Great Picture and poem.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. The picture creeps me out a little. It's a little too real.

9:07 PM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

Dad, that's a wonderful poem.


It was great for me to hear you tell about "the adventurous place near the bay" as we drove through it last week. What a beautiful picture you paint of a family in need with God supplying all of them.

11:45 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

There's a lighthouse on a hillside
that overlooks life's sea.
When I'm tossed He sends out a light, light that I might see.
And the light that shines in darkness now will safely lead me home. If it wasn't for the lighthouse this ship would sail no more.

Oh I thank God for the lighthouse
I owe my life to Him. King Jesus is the lighthouse upon the rocks of sin.

He has shone a light around me that I could clearly see.
If it wasn't for the lighthouse then where would this ship be.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home