Monday, December 03, 2007

THE CRISPNESS OF CHRISTMAS

While walking out of the hospital entrance this afternoon I said to a friend how much I loved the crispness in the air and he responded by saying I love "Christmas in the air" too. So from that thought I wrote this poem.



I love the feeling of Christmas in the air

The biting cold, the nipping fingers

There's nothing to compare.

Through out the days while traveling all round

It's beautiful to see the frost lay upon the ground.

There's something pure and enchanting as you stand out in the cold

By allowing winters whiteness around you to enfold.

I love the crisp clear nights and the frosting mornings too.

It feels like God is making all things around us new

The crispness of Christmas is a favorite time for me

As we decorate and celebrate Christ's nativity.

God bless you in this moment as you think of God's dear son

The life he lived , the death he died and for your victory won.

Enjoy the winter whiteness and clothe yourself with love.

Enjoy your Father's blessings as He bestows them from above.

5 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

All blessings are from Him, and you to me from HIm... I love this one!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great! This might be the best yet. You are awesome!

8:38 PM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

That's so true.

There should be a line in there about...

Though when I say "cold crispness" I say 'twith levity,
For here in Southern C-A-L it's always seventy.

good stuff dad

6:21 AM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

reminds me of our place right now.

rj's right. maybe your best yet.

8:28 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

brrrrr, baby it is cold outside

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home