Friday, March 16, 2007

I WISH I WERE IRISH !!

KNOCK KNOCK!
WHO'S THERE?
IRISH !
IRISH WHO?
IRISH I WERE IRISH !!

GRANDPA MARTIN WAS BORN MARCH 17, 1908
HE WOULD HAVE BEEN 99 YEARS OLD.

I SURE MISS THAT OLD LEPRECHAUN.


There was on Old Man of the Isles,Whose face was pervaded with smiles;He sung high dum diddle,And played on the fiddle,That amiable Man of the Isles.

There was an Old Man in a boat,Who said, 'I'm afloat, I'm afloat!'When they said, 'No! you ain't!'He was ready to faint,That unhappy Old Man in a boat.

10 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

Pastor Encourager! That is so great.

12:55 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

I forgot to add, I miss the Irish guy as well--especially the twinkle in his eyes. Funny, your eyes are getting more and more like his every day...

12:59 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Nice limericks... Happy Birthday to the Irish man - I wish I could have known him. :)

6:11 PM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

There once was a man named Harold.
On the sea he was rarely imperiled.
He caught more and more
Of albacore
So back to the dock his boat barreled.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite leprachaun ever.

11:15 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Nice tribute! Happy Birthday and St. Patty's Day.

9:55 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Great poem TMF!

11:42 AM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

There was a landlubber named Freddy
For fishing he was never ready
Though his Pop took him often
He'd break into coughin'
So his Bible he could sit and study

9:35 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

The Encourager say's:

My boy's the Limerickers. (or is it limericki's)

A proud father am I of my sons.
They even laugh at my puns.
They're fun and they're witty
and their wifes are both pretty./ Now don't ask me for any more funds.

8:26 AM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

You may know of Harold Stanley
Who always was rather manly
He might have been wishin
I'd rather be fishin
But I started this really big family

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home