Sunday, November 12, 2006

None Worse for the Wear...


"Giving is the secret of a healthy life...not necessarily money, but whatever a man has of encouragement and sympathy and understanding."
These past few weeks I've been the recipient of a lot of encouragement, sympathy, and understanding. I've got a new heart valve and am none worse for the wear--a little slow still, but healing and doing well. I long to encourage each of you with visits and time, prayer, and to be available with a word of encouragement, but since I'm having to be at home for the healing to take place, I'll be satisfied with thinking of you and praying for you. We've had several sweet gifts of meals, visits, flowers, and calls and all are such a blessing to me at this time. Last night we had a sweet time with Freddy's family and to listen to their kids play Bible Trivia and beat their Grandpa at it was pretty amazing! I've had a good report from the doctor--and now will be patient and follow doctor's orders!
Thank you for everything each of you have done for Becky and I--it's good to be back blogging again.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

You look great, Pop. Maybe you'll be ready for some skydiving or some other dangerous adventure at Christmas!

6:17 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Yeah, Dad you do look great and you seem to feel great too!!!

8:18 PM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

Show us the scarrrrrrr!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Glad you're doing so well. Can't wait to see you at Christmas.

p.s. Sophia had fun "talking" with you on the phone last night!

6:56 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

I was just falling asleep when I heard Grandpa talking with Sophia in the other room--he had that little doll on speakrphone and I fell asleep listening to her jabbering with Pop-Pop aka Grandpa. How precious...and then her Papa's interpretation--I was in such a dream state that Fred reminded me of it in the morning and then it all came back to me! What a little doll she is--talking so big!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home