Monday, October 09, 2006

A BROKEN HEART




The doctor's say my heart is broken and it needs repair.
Why then do I respond in peace and not in deep despair?

As I reflect upon my life and go back to the start
I'm reminded that God created me and that He owns my heart.

As a little boy in Sunday School I remember oh so well
I gave my heart to Jesus and escaped a place called Hell.

I believed the Word of God as it was clearly spoken
Deep in my mind I realize my heart cannot be broken.

My heart may fail in this earthly tent I could even die today.
My hope is greater than my fears for God will lead the way

Praise God for His great promises. Praise God I'm not alone.
He'll walk with me in valleys deep and gently lead me home.

8 Comments:

Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Yes, praise God that we must never be alone. It's so awesome that you have so much faith during this time, I pray that this faith grows ever stronger.

6:55 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Oh yes, and thank you for this great poem. I'll be right beside you as well...our hearts are forever entwined and knit together...

7:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful Dad. I love my father's heart, and pray that I can have the same love and strength you have had.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Doris said...

Wonderfully sweet poem. Shows your unwavering faith in God's promises. Can't someone set that to music?

6:16 PM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

"My hope is greater than my fears..." Great line, Dad. Looking forward to more inspiration.

10:48 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

You do have a wonderful heart and soul.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Dale Johnsen said...

Fred,
We're all rooting for you in the halls of heaven!
Dale Johnsen

9:22 AM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

Broken hearts are supposed to bring sorrow. Yours seems to bring courage and hope.

One more week and all is well.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home