Wednesday, April 16, 2008

GOD'S SPECIAL MIRACLE


Today I participated in and experienced a miracle.



I had been at a Chaplain's seminar in Pasadena all morning and then returned to Kaiser just after noon.

I parked my car in the back employee parking lot and as I got out of the car one of our security guards came over and asked if I had a hanger. I told him I didn't think so but then I remembered that I had put my cleaning in the car and had grabbed all the unused hangers to take back to the cleaners.

I looked across the way and there were two employees and the security guard trying to open the car door of a mother whose daughter, who was about two, had been locked in.

The mother was in tears and full of anxiety because the girl had been in the car about ten minutes and the car was getting hotter by the minute.

As I watched the attempt to get into the car I stood back and prayed and within a minute they were able to get the door open.

The mother had tried to get the little girl ,who was in a car seat ,to open the door. The girl tried but was unable to because there was a child protective lock in place.

What a joy when at last the door was opened.

The girl was very hot and was crying.

The mother grabbed her little girl and held her close.

I happened to have two bottles of cold water in my car and gave it to the mother .She poured the water over the little girls head and gave her a drink.

What a joy to see the relief on the faces of all involved.

I pray for divine appointments every day and today God did a special miracle.

7 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

Oh my goodness...what a miracle today. I'm so happy. You were there. Just like you were for me in the night when you realized I was having a hard time falling back to sleep...and you prayed for me.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't God awesome? What a great story.

8:36 PM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

some people keep a hanger in their cars for just such occasions, but who happens to have several in their trunk for no reason?

7:38 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Dad.

10:00 AM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

Did the baby have a head?

12:28 AM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

no, it was light beer.

12:41 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

i was a little teary until i read the last two comments!!!
great story dad, bad comments boys!!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home