Thursday, February 19, 2009

Freddie Martin Lives








I often share with people in the hospital that my name is like the famous orchresta leader, Freddie Martin.
One old guy said he would remember but the next day he called me Tommy Dorsey.
My name wasn't after Freddie Martin the orchresta leader but from a good friend of my dad's, Fred Barchy.(I'm glad I didn't become a Barchy)
My name lives on in my # 1 son Freddy Martin Jr. and I'm proud to call him my son.

Fred means peace maker and that's the desire of my heart for me and my son.

My prayer is that both of us will be faithful to our calling to bring the peace of Jesus into the lives He allows us to touch.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 (New International Version)

5 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for being and bringing peace into my life and those of our children...

9:00 AM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

better fred than dead
if all else fails, hug your freddy
freddy or not, here i come
fred, white, and blue

thanks dad. may peace abound.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is really nice Dad. Did you notice that Freddy Martin signs his name with a "y" on the end, but the title of the pic has "ie" on the end? Interesting.

4:45 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

I love both Fred and Freddy.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

This news publisher offers articles related to heart health, health news, breaking research and recent news about treatments and management.
http://www.dailyrx.com/

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home